Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The most enchanting, the most intriguing, the most awesome hour of television ever . . . but for how long?




For those of you that frequent our blog often I have a request for you. There is a little unknown show on every Wednesday night on ABC called Pushing Daisies. It is probably the best television show that I have ever watched before in my entire young life with only one downfall: it doesn't get enough ratings and ABC might be pulling it after this season. It is like they want to rip my heart right out of my chest and dangle it on a string right in front of me. The show is amazing, its like watching an hour long movie every week and it never lets me down. The plot is simple: a young boy discovers he has a very mystical and magical power which allows him to bring back the dead simply by touching them with his finger, the only drawback is that if the dead person that he just brought back to life is alive for longer than a minute, another alive thing that is in close proximity drops dead. Jump ahead twenty years and the young boy is now the pie maker who makes the most amazing pies ever because he has the ability to take dead fruit and transform it into the most delicious fruit ever just by his touch. A local detective discovers the pie makers ability and talks him into joining him in solving murders because who is a better witness to the murder than the murder victim themselves. OK, Ok so maybe it isn't quite that simple, but it is oh so very entertaining and I am calling out to everyone out there to make an effort and try to watch it every Wednesday night so that it won't get cancelled. Jaclyn and I have the first season on DVD if you would like to get caught up from the very beginning. Amen.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it...so sosososososo love this show. it helps that Jim Dale narrates the show, and I love listening to all the Harry Potter books because of him.

Brandi said...

We totally LOVE this show! I hope they don't get rid of it. I know a lot of people that watch it. Should we send out a petition? They just can't take it off the air.

Jessica and Reece said...

I ADORE Pushing Daisies. And my life will be over if it gets canceled. The end.