Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sawyer









our baby boy is finally here! actually he got here about a month ago, its hard to find time to eat let alone blog so don't judge me
sawyer was a week late the little turd. i was induced june 15th. we went in at 10:00 that morning i started pushing at 10:00 that night and at 11:10 he finally made his entrance into our lives and they certainly haven't been the same since! he was 8 pounds 9 oz and 20 inches. no wonder i was so miserable the last couple weeks. like i had room for that size of a baby.
labor was a little rough. i'll spare you all the gory details but i will just say forceps were used and we both had battle wounds to prove it. the poor little guy had quite the cone head, he also had a huge red mark around his eye and some scratches on his forehead. he was quite the sight! after he was born we realized his blood sugar was low, and since he was having a hard time latching on they took him to the nicu and gave him an iv to bring his blood sugar back up. it was not fun. but after a few days we were able to take him home and all is well now.
we just love him so much despite him being a really fussy baby. he always lets us know when he needs something even though most of the time we really don't know what that is... but he has started smiling so it makes it all worth it. he's so cute. he has a receding hairline only a mother could love. he also had really big feet and hands. he's long and skinny just like his mom...

all the pictures are from brysons phone so the quality is no bueno but they'll have to do for now. until next time...

7 comments:

Britney said...

Oh how I love Baby Sawyer! I feel like he needs to come and visit Aunt Britney again. Or I guess I could come to Orem... Either way I feel like I need to hold him and love him again! I'm glad that the blogging world knows of his arrival.

Casee said...

Well, it is about time! I have been checking your blog almost everyday for a month or so now... and now you know I how I felt when you were hounding me about pictures of Will!

He is so sweet, I want to squish him! Congratulations, I am glad that he is here and you are both healthy. Give me a call when you are feeling up to it, I would love to come meet the little guy!

Alyssa Gunter said...

Sawyer is perfect. I love him! I miss him so much and can't wait to see him again vewy vewy soon!

Scott and Stef said...

He is so cute, I am so happy I got to see him!

Chelsey said...

Isn't he the sweetest! He's beautiful! Congrats!

The Petersons said...

He is such a sweet little baby! I hope you are doing well. Do you feel like you are getting it all down? I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of it...kinda...but, better then I was 6 weeks ago! Hope I can meet this little guy someday!

Tim and Lara said...

i luf him